Super Lutein FAQ
SUPER LUTEIN contains 6 types of carotenoids.
Fulfilling the daily nutritional requirement with healthy supplements is a simple, fuss-free lifestyle option for the people of today.
- Q. What are carotenoids?
Carotenoids are pigments found in fruits and vegetables. They come in a variety of bright colours such as yellow, red, purple, and orange, and are necessary for photosynthesis in plants. Several hundred kinds of carotenoids have been found in plants, among which, about 50 types are present in edible fruits and vegetables.
- Q. How could I consume carotenoids for maximum benefits?
- It is advisable to eat plenty of all sorts of brightly-coloured vegetables.
As carotenoids are pigments that constitute the red and orange, etc. colours of vegetables, you are encouraged to consume a variety of such colourful vegetables in order to obtain a sufficient amount of carotenoids. While this is widely known, modern lifestyles may present difficulties to maintaining a well-balanced diet. Taking nutritional supplements can be considered as a viable alternative under such circumstances.
- Q. Why are carotenoids the focus of attention?
- This is because carotenoids are a type of phytochemical, or phytonutrient, known as the seventh nutrient.
Previously, people tended to focus on only five types of nutrients ─ protein, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins and minerals. Dietary fibre was subsequently recognised as the sixth nutrient. In recent years, phytochemicals have been gaining prominence as the seventh nutrient.
Carotenoids are a representative example of phytochemicals, and cannot be produced by the human body. Those who are interested in a balanced diet could go on to learn more about carotenoids.
- Q. Is it OK to consume SUPER LUTEIN together with tea or coffee?
- There have been no reports of any chemical interaction between carotenoids, the major ingredient of SUPER LUTEIN, and caffeine. It can be consumed together with tea or coffee. However, you are recommended to consume SUPER LUTEIN with cool or warm water.
- Q. When should SUPER LUTEIN be consumed during the day?
- It can be consumed at any time together with water without chewing, since the major ingredients of SUPER LUTEIN are basically food ingredients. You may also divide the daily indicated intake amount to be consumed at various times of the day such as in the morning, noon and in the evening.
- Q. Will I get fat by consuming SUPER LUTEIN?
- The calorie count in 3 capsules—the daily recommended intake of SUPER LUTEIN—is 10.1kcal. As such, you do not have to worry about this quantity causing any obesity problems.
- Q. I have allergies. Is it safe for me to consume SUPER LUTEIN?
- Please do not consume SUPER LUTEIN if you are allergic to wheat, fish, or gelatine, as the product contains all of these ingredients (wheat, fish oil, and gelatine). As the wheat germ is crushed before the oil is extracted and refined, the wheat germ oil may still contain a small amount of protein. Please be especially careful if you have an allergy to wheat.
If you are worried about developing allergic reactions, you are advised to start with one third of the daily recommended intake, and increase your intake gradually in 1-2 weeks if no negative reactions occur.
However, should you experience any allergy symptoms, please stop using the product immediately and consult your regular doctor.
- Q. Where should I store SUPER LUTEIN?
- As SUPER LUTEIN comes in softgel capsules, please avoid leaving it in cars or near electrical appliances that emit heat. Please also refrain from storing SUPER LUTEIN in the fridge, where it would become dehydrated. You are advised to store it in a cool place away from direct sunlight. The following conditions may cause the quality of the product to change:
High temperature→Capsules may become misshapen, possibly causing the contents to leak.
Dryness→Capsules may harden and become brittle.
Humidity→Capsules may stick together.
- Q. I am taking Warfarin (an oral anticoagulant). Can I consume SUPER LUTEIN? Does SUPER LUTEIN contain vitamin K?
- SUPER LUTEIN does not contain added vitamin K. However, 3 capsules of SUPER LUTEIN contain vitamin K in trace amounts of around 0.08μg, which are transferred entirely from the raw ingredients. Should you have concerns, please consult your regular doctor for more clarification. There have been no reports of drug interaction (such as to result in decreased or increased effect) between carotenoids and Warfarin.
- Q. Can pregnant or lactating women consume SUPER LUTEIN?
- Yes, provided the recommended daily amount of 3 capsules is not exceeded. There have been no reports of any effect on pregnancy due to the main ingredients of SUPER LUTEIN, or carotenoids. Also, β-carotene is found in breast milk. However, should you have concerns, please consult your regular doctor.
- Q. I am receiving dialysis treatment, and am on doctor’s orders to limit my intake of phosphor, potassium and sodium. Can I consume SUPER LUTEIN? How much phosphor, potassium and sodium does it contain?
- Phosphor and potassium are found in SUPER LUTEIN in trace amounts and come from the raw ingredients. There is no added phosphor or potassium. As the amount is extremely small, the recommended daily intake of SUPER LUTEIN should not cause any problems. The sodium content per 3 capsules is 2.22mg. This quantity is also not expected to be problematic. Should you have concerns, please consult your regular doctor.
- Q. Will my hands or feet turn yellow when I consume SUPER LUTEIN?
- Oranges, like many other fruits and vegetables, contain carotenoids (especially β-carotene). Excessive consumption of oranges causes the palms of our hands or the soles of our feet to turn yellowish particularly due to its β-carotene content. The same reaction occurs with SUPER LUTEIN. This is a naturally reaction and will not affect our health. Should you be concerned, you could reduce your daily intake of SUPER LUTEIN. The symptoms will disappear when you reduce or cease consumption.
- Q. Why is the colour of each capsule slightly different?
- Carotenoids, the main raw components of SUPER LUTEIN, are naturally derived ingredients. As such, the colour of the capsules may vary depending on their place of origin or time of harvest. This does not affect the quality of the product.